As a financial planning client, you will work one-on-one with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional to design a working plan to use your money and resources in striving to create and live the life you desire and deserve.
Helping you live your best life!
STEP 1 - What do I really want in life?
- 45-90 minute discovery and goal definition meeting
STEP 2 - Where is all my stuff?
- 45-90 Financial Organization Meeting
STEP 3 - Where is my money going?
- 30-45 Minute Cash Flow Planning Session
- 30-45 Minute Phone Call - Debt Elimination Planning Session
STEP 4 - What should I do?
- 45-90 Minute Recommendations Meeting with your CFP® Professional
STEP 5 - How can I make sure I stick to my plan?
- 20 Minute Monthly Check-in Meetings
- Email and Phone Support (9:00am-5:00pm M-F)
- Up to 2 hours of Collaboration with other Professionals you work with (i.e. CPAs, attorneys, insurance agents, etc.)
- Recommendations to other financial professionals in our network
Common Financial Planning Topics
CASH FLOW AND SPENDING PLAN
Create a monthly and annual cash flow statement based on current income and expenses
- Organize income and expenses
- Create automated savings plan
- Review/set up auto bill pay for recurring expenses
- Analyze 3 months of transactions history
- Automatic monitoring of spending through eMoney website
- Create savings plan for goals
DEBT DESTRUCTION PLANNING
Create a step-by-step action plan to crush your debt and rescue your monthly income
- Credit report review and analysis
- Form letters to dispute error on credit reports
- Analysis of all current debts
- Detailed debt elimination plan
- Student loan repayment strategy
- Mortgage/Refinance Review
PERSONAL RISK MANAGEMENT PLANNING
Ensure that you and your family are adequately covered and protected against the unforeseen
- Review of current insurance policies (life, disability, auto, home, and umbrella coverages)
- Determine appropriate insurance coverage for you
- Employer benefits package review
- Evaluate need for long-term care insurance
Create a detailed plan aiming to help ensure that you don’t run out of money in retirement
- Analyze all sources of retirement income
- Create a cash flow plan for retirement
- Create a pre-retirement debt management plan
- Discuss options for healthcare
- Social security benefits review
- Charitable giving strategies
- Pension payment options review
- Explore options for guaranteed income in retirement
Help navigate the process for getting your child enrolled in a school that fits their dreams and your pockets!
- Evaluate 529 College Savings Plan options
- Help navigate the process from application to enrollment
- Financial Aid Package review
- Create a student budget
- Scholarship tracking sheet
- Discuss options for a debt free education
ESTATE PLANNING STRATEGIES *(UP TO 2 HOURS INCLUDED)
Leave a legacy for your loved ones
- General estate planning and gifting strategies
- General trust planning and education
- Discuss impact of beneficiary designations
- Explanation of estate planning structures and documents - wills, POA, Trusts, etc.
What Do I Get as a Financial Planning Client?
Clarity and definition of your top financial goals
Personalized recommendations to organize your financial life
Detailed cash flow plan and suggestions to align your spending patterns with your financial priorities
Step-by-step action plan to crush your debt and rescue your monthly income
Recommendations to help ensure you and your family are protected against the unforeseen
How do you know if you are a good fit for Financial Planning?
Are ready for a change in your financial life
Need accountability, guidance and ongoing support to reach your financial goals
Are willing to do the work to reach your goals
Don’t have the time, knowledge, or energy to manage your finances on your own
Want and value a long-term relationship